1) Just when SJ seemed poised to take a strangle hold over the Wings their forwards get greedy and allow an odd man rush with a mere half a minute remaining. The result, Robert Lang, largely invisible before that point in the series, buries the game tieing goal and the Wing carry that momentum into OT where they win evening their series at 2.
2) The game was totally over. The Wings had narely a prayer. Then the Shark forwards smelled blood, or more specifically a chance for an open net goal. They started to hang back in the neutral zone to pick up a loose puck and bury it into the yawning cage. Unfortunately for them, that didn't happen and this lapse of judgement could possibly cost the Sharks the series that now shifts to the Motor City tomorrow.
3) Meanwhile the Senators, long the team that does the choking in the playoffs, are apparently beating the Devils at their own game. Using tight defense, good forchecking, excellent goaltending and opportunistic scoring to carve out a commanding 3-1 series lead. Admittedly Marty was NOT at his best last night. Giving up 2 un-Brodeur like goals. However this Senator team seems to have shed their choking of years past and is playing with a confidence we haven't seen of the Ottawa sextet, well.... ever!
4) NJ has its work cut out for it, but they are NOT out of it yet. Any team that has Brodeur can steal a game and a win in Jersey could change the momentum around again and make the Senators a tad less sure of themselves.
5) Tonight is the pivotal game 5 in Buffalo. If the Sabres have a legit Cup team tonight is the time to display that and come out strong and not play passively as they have for the past 3 games. The Sabres lose tonight and you can kiss their Cup chances nite-nite!