- we were by far the first with the DiPietro story. In fact the day we told our readers that it was a 100% certainty that he would get a very LONG lucrative deal with in days, the rumor whore(Eklund) had a published rumor that DiPietro would be traded to Buffalo for Marty Biron
- LONG before anyone else; We predicted/were told by reliable sources that Lou Lamarello had handshake deals in place with his UFA's and that a deal was in place to assist him in his cap woes. We even had the team that would help them(SJ) LONG before it was announced!
- While the first significant trade of the season went down right under his(Eklund's) nose in Philadelphia, we at The FAUXRUMORS Group, LLC were first to announce the Zhitnik deal.
2) While there are several other stunning examples we didn't want to make this a long winded pat on the back. However, we have not since our resumption from the hacking in March, been putting out too many rumor posts. The main reason is/was that there weren't really too many to report. Post trade deadline things quiet down as teams prepare for the playoffs, etc. Any rumors from early March until now we can tell you are totally fictitious! Generated to keep the paying customers happy. Very few GM's were actively talking.
3) Only teams not involved in the playoffs can trade after the season and most teams wait until the playoffs are complete to deal anyway. However, when the second round finishes in about a week, it will leave only 4 teams in the Cup race and 26 to contemplate their rosters/trades, etc. From past experience this is when the rumors really heat up. We still may not get any big deals until draft day or just prior, but the foundation for those deals usually start in mid May. So this post is just been a long winded way for us to tell our readers that we will be back in a big way where we were when we started this blog! Breaking the news before anyone else! Of course we will continue to provide unique commentary, and discussion of the playoffs as they continue. As we say: Keep it here for the latest!