- OTTAWA vs PITTSBURGH- No huge surprise here. Pitt is talented, but is far too young to compete yet at this level. Additionally Fleury is NOT yet a #1 goalie(If he ever will be) and shouldn't have been thrust into this position prematurely. Original prediction was Sens in 6. We will stay with that.
- BUFFALO vs NY ISLANDERS- With the unexpected return of DiPietro the Isles are at least keeping the games competitive. They are still way out matched. Kudos to Nolan for not allowing this team to quit! Our original prediction was Sabres in 4. 5 is likely.
- NEW JERSEY vs TAMPA BAY- Thus far is going as planned/predicted. We saw this as a tougher series than many expected. However the Devils would prevail. Original prediction Devils in 6. This one could go 7, but we stay with the Devils as the eventual winners
- ATLANTA vs RANGERS- We knew the rangers would win BUT we didn't see them as being the team in the East with a first round bye. The Thrasher organization should feel very embarrassed with their no show performance. Waddell/Hartley should be gone. Original prediction Rangers in 5. We didn't anticipate their total choke job!
- NASHVILLE vs SAN JOSE- This is probably the only series we misjudged. Nashville has AGAIN under performed and NOT playing hard/well. Trotz is a goner for sure. Being 4-11 in the playoffs is NOT good, despite his stellar regular season record. Forsberg should retire. Original prediction Preds in 6. If the Preds can stretch this series to 6 games it'll be surprising. SJ is looking like they have their number and will advance.
- DETROIT vs CALGARY- This one is going along as planned. Calgary needs to win tonight to have any chance. They may, but we still believe that the Wings overall depth/experience will prevail. Original prediction: Wings in 6. We'll stick with that.
- VANCOUVER vs DALLAS- As predicted here, has been a tough hard fought, close series. By virtue of winning both OT games the Canucks have a stranglehold on the series. Unlikely the Stars can come back, but it won't be easy to put them away. Original prediction 'Nucks in 7. Could happen, but will probably end sooner.
- ANAHEIM vs MINNESOTA- We believed that the Ducks would win relatively easily against the Wild. We stick to that idea despite the Ducks set back in game 4. We see this series as over. Original prediction: Ducks in 5. We will stay with that.
2) The playoffs is what separates the greats from the floaters. It makes or breaks player and coaches careers. As alluded to, we may see several coaches lose their jobs over poor performances.(Hartley/Trotz) Some players also make a name for themselves. Both positively(Thornton) and negatively(Hossa). We look forward to the next few weeks as the competition gets even more intense and the true stars come out! As always, keep it here!!