2) A look at player stats shows that a European is no where to be found in the top 5 scorers. A big change from recent seasons where European players seemed to be dominant, or at least had a big percentage compared to their total numbers represented in the NHL(25%)
3) With the exception of the Calder where we believe Malkin will win hands down, and possibly the Norris where (deservedly) Lidstrom will take home yet another award as the league's best defender, every other major NHL trophy will go to a Canadian
- Hart- Our 3 finalsist would be: Crosby/Luongo/Brodeur.
- Ross- Crosby
- Vezina- Luongo or Brodeur
- Richard- Vincent Lecavalier has this all but locked up
- Norris- Probably Lidstrom, but Niedermeyer will get a good number of votes
- Calder- Malkin
4) Our readers north of the border should be proud of their country's strong showing this year and bodes well for them to once again thrive in the 2010 Olympics.