- Beech began the season as a Columbus Blue Jacket. He was signed during the off-season when the Washington Capitals(smartly) declined to re-sign him.
- On January 9th, the Jackets placed him on waivers while attempting to demote him to the AHL(where he belongs).
- The Vancouver Canucks claimed him on January 10th. Beech spent just under two weeks with Vancouver(before they saw how much he sucked) and was again placed on waivers.
- On January 21st, the Capitals(in need of AHL depth) claimed him.
- Before they could send him to Hershey (He was placed on waivers again on January 25th), where he was claimed by another former team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, on January 26th.
3) Don't unpack yet Kris! The Pens are in need of warm bodies themselves as they have had a rash of injuries recently. Its probably a good bet that Beech won't be a Penguin too long either. Why? Well, he doesn't possess enough talent for the NHL, and once the injured Pens return the team will try to send him to Wilkes-Barre and probably picked up yet again on waivers by another team in need of AHL-depth. Eventually Kris will run out of teams and will wash up where he belongs; Helping a team win the Calder Cup. Life's indeed a Beech, Kris!